Sunday, November 23, 2008

ARE YOU RACIST?

"Are you racist?" I ever ask this question to one of my friend.
And she answer me “am not racist but I feel more comfortable with my own people"
(Same hometown/race)
Oic.. That’s the only words come out from my mouth.
Last 3 days (I guess) I chat with one of my friend at oversea and he told me that he loves Malaysia because we are not racist. Wow.. Is that a confession? Then he says yes, it is.
He told me that most of the European is really sensitive when we talk about racist and afraid of it. Till one time they ever say “is that a racist statement?” omg!! I was really shocked when he told me. I was like stunt for a while and think back, how’s the Malaysian? Are we that worse? According to my friend, even the word “BLACKboard” also had been change into “CHALKboard”. Wow.. There are really afraid of this issue compare to religion issue. Besides, most of them are atheistic (Belief that god not exist)
See, this is the different between us and them. In Malaysia we are totally sensitive when talk bout religion. But we are not as racist as them.
And if u guys have time check this out:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/600470.stm
This is what happening now. i guess you will be thankful to be in Malaysia and still can play races jokes.
We are not racist but we segregate our self.

“So, try not to segregate yourself. Just mix around and make friends”.
That’s what my pharmacology lecturer always told us.

No comments: