Monday, December 1, 2008

a part of my history

24hours ago am still standing and counting the time." When am going home?"
I was like try to yell out “its enough” I rather to be a nanny or doing any jobs as long as not a promoter. Well, it might be my first and my last (will see).
Promoter is not easy as what we see, seeing them standing the whole day. OMG!! It’s really exhausted. They are not just standing but need to promote to the customer.
Working as a sampling girl a.k.a promoter for 12 hours give me a lot of experience.
I got this job from my friend, andrea.

She’s the one who settle everything for me and I just came to work.

I don’t even know who is my in-charge, according to andrea he is a young Chinese guy. Besides, andrea gave me his mobile number. Haha.. I walk to the LRT station and start queuing up to get a ticket to maluri... You know, everything will be my first time for today.

Ah chong and his friend were so good to me.
They explain to me everything and tell me not to be scared.
They gave me a form to become as my pass to get into the jusco.
So, when enter through the staff entrance I have to pass this security (I hate her!!!) wow, too early to judge people right? Furthermore it’s my first time seeing her., during that time, I wearing a black tudung, black shirt with a black pan and a black leather shoes.
To be honest I don’t know and I don’t have idea bout how she want me to ties my tudung.
She just asks me to tie it up but she didn’t show it. And I keep enter the changing room for three times! I was really angry. I ask her to help but she seems like HELPLESS to me. I wish I am the boss daughter that been asked to pretend as a promoter.
I understand she try to be strict and follow the rules, but is that hard for her to help? Huhu (sighing)
And at last, she let me in.
Ah chong and his friend just smile and look at me. They help me to arrange my place.

At 10am the jusco start to open means my work start. Standing there and smile for the whole day.
To be honest I enjoying working with the workers there (organic and vegetable section) they were really friendly.
They tell me what I should and shouldn’t do. Wow..(surprise) Now I know there are a lot of rules that I need to follow. To be honest I am not that daring to break the rules.

Haha.. Example, once they said break for 45mins means that’s my break. Haha.
On the other hand my other friends still can have more than that.
Well, my days end-up at 10pm. Yahoo.. Left 48 hours more to go, am counting every hour.
2nd day working, it was really terrible. I am late. But its ok, at least I came.

And this time I prepare my dates sampling inside the vegetable section (the place they prepare and package the vegetable). The workers there were so good to me. They help me with cutting the sample and at the same time I let them try my sample. Even the supervisor tells me what I should wear before start doing work. (Wear apron, mask, and plastic gloves)
To be honest I still mad at the security!! Well it’s their job but please be tolerate. Even my second day they still look for my fault. Damn!!! Am so sad!! And It really affect my days, well that’s the starting of my days at working place, been checked by the security.
Thanks mimi and lini.

Yeah rite, I need to be more patient and at least I know how it feels when working.
But now I realize am not a good promoter.

I admit that am a talkative person but when comes to be a promoter am speechless.
I feel like I don’t have things to say out. For the whole day I have to say “have try miss/sir” and also need to explain bout my products.

Well, am promoting luxury dates with nuts and also dates with nuts covered with chocolate.
My selling was so bad. Huhu…actually they pay me based on my working days and not based on the selling. In this case, I don’t have to bother bout my selling, but I need to sell it for my own satisfaction. I am dead meat when knowing my products are not been sells.
3rd day working;
12 hours more to go. Continue counting the hours. Well, everyone there (worker) just smile and looks pity on me. When see me, the only words they ask was “have you taken your break?”. I just smile and answer them, “I will”
Working as a promoter at jaya jusco maluri giving me an experience that I can’t get when start working next time. Soon, I’ll be a staff nurse who will follow doctor’s round and be there to safe a life and serve for community but not as a promoter girl who will standing there and looking for a customer to buy my product. After working as a promoter I learn a lot and realize that not everyone can work as a promoter. And here I know my limit. And the worse thing is I don’t even know that my big boss is coming. After lunch hour, as usual I came to my booth and start with my preparing my sample. So, this guy standing there and asking me “what am I selling” so, I explain to him from A to Z. gosh!! The way I explain to him seems like am having an OSCE exam, which is a lab exam for the nursing student where we need to explain the procedure that we are doing.
I try not to leave any important point. At last he gives me 3 boxes dates. OMG!!! I was wonder, who is him, then he gave me his card and he introduces himself.
Damn!!! I was like stunt for a while and get shocked but I just pretend to be calm.

(deep breathing).
And with him one Chinese girl, with a boxes of dates with nuts covered with chocolate.
“This is for you, good explanation and your info is correct” I just smile.
Well, actually I heard all that info from my uncle and I read it in the internet. Haha…
But its ok at least he come and see by his own what’s happening and why my selling was so bad.
And you know what? It’s because of the price. At other JUSCO they are selling for half price and my place, they didn’t change the price tag and even I myself don’t even know bout this. And I get to know this thing once I have a phone call with andrea that morning.

She’s telling me that my place was so expensive compare to her.
So, my boss, mr steven help me to change all the price tag and confirm with the sales supervisor. I was like frustrated with this thing. You know for 2 and half days I work with nothing with the expensive price and only few boxes selling.

In the system they correcting it but only at my booth they didn’t change the tags.(sighing)
After changing the price, then I can get few people to come and buy my product.
Huhu..
At last…am done. Yahoo.. Finally, I’ll be home and no need to wake up at 8am and start working at 10am. Spending 3 days as a promoter make me know who am I. a girl who can’t just standing and become a promoter. Even the pay is quite high but I am not satisfied and I can’t do it. We have to belief that each human being in this world has their on advantage and it depends to us on how we used it. Allah has made us to be as good as He can and it depends on us to choose the ways. When god decides to test on us, means he knows our limit.

He wants us to know and look into our self who we are and what can we do for Him.
With allah blessed I end-up my three days working with gaining new experience.

Not only as a promoter but more than that, it teach me how valuable is life especially working as a servant. And I just wonder why some of us were so shy when saying they are working as a promoter or else as a cashier at supermarket or as a security. Well, those peeps are really important. They get the salary based on what they did and not everyone can become just like them. Even you have the education but you don’t have the soul-called as a humble or patience you can’t do that. No matter how friendly you are but when comes to this thing; you will know how good you are in communication. All of this are so general and needs time to learn and understand it. The skill must be in your self. Different people different opinions and different view of how it’s happen.
Thanks to andrea cause finding me this jobs.
Ocu Ida,Ocu Pisah n Nganga; I know it’s hard to get an $$
My friends in college now; lini, shella, k.sue, fatin, and tiyah(fatin’s sis); I got something for u guys.
Mimi my high school friend; yeah rite I learn a lot ere, and I will never forget it. Thanks for your words.
Fariz; I rather be a staff nurse compare as a promoter. It’ really makes me speechless n enough to say I don’t have the confident on it.

To all peeps out there, become a promoter needs more patience, skills and also good communication. It’s not as simple as switch on a tv or tell a story to your friends. it will be more harder than that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hoh..panjang weh post ko hehe,,bah apapun good luck! banyak bersabar haih~~~

Muhaimin said...

pjg tol..naik ngntuk baca tau...hehehhe...
by the way, it will be such a good experience...k..

SMK Pengiran Omar II said...

I worked as one b4..to become a promoter u must first b ready to:

work with great patience
bear with the tiredness

obviously d job environment didn't go well with your expectation but wat u'd been thru wud help u to widen your view of thinking. Trust me..u hate wat d job had caused u but dat wud b one of ur most precious experience. Wat u gained is priceless if compared to the suffering u had to bear b4.

try something else next time..its owez fun to try new job. Btw, jusco system sux but ur boss is a nice man and d security lady was probably goin thru monopos :D hahaha..kiddin.

Masleeha T. said...

haha..sorry guys mmg panjang sbb gabung 3 hari.tod wan to update day by day..tapi connection pd waktu mlm not so good..:(
neway thanks for reading. :)
mimi, yeah rite..next time should look for diff jobs(will see)
haha... rgarding the secutity lady i do agree wif u..(laughing)

Anonymous said...

haha..bedtime story..panjang lebar..nvm,gud experience..its good for u..u can gain more working experience..hehe..tau2 jak u guys she goin thru menopause hah..isk3x..c0ngratez!!..osce with the big boss ha?!..haha..mesti pn nora proud wif u..~~

Wow!!!..sumthing for us?!..yeah~~..
make sure u come back here b4 we guys leaving..huhu..

Masleeha T. said...

daa..i wish i can do better during OSCE*laughing*
well,the security..haha she is!!!
till now i still can remember her..*sigh*
might b one day i can show it to u!!
well, yaa..i hope can meet u guys..
hahaha...just scared that thing getting xpired..haha :P